Why work with a Buyer's Agent?
There was a time when all Portland, Oregon Realtors worked for the Seller. Today, Buyers can choose to have their own representation by choosing an Accredited Buyers' Agent and putting an exclusive Buyer Agreement in place with their Realtor. Buyers' Agents work exclusively for Buyers and never Sellers. Their compensation still comes from the seller in accordance with the listing contract that seller has in place with the listing agent, so there is no cost to the Buyer but there are many benefits.
- Full Commitment to Buyer's needs.
- Complete confidentiality
- Access to the entire real estate market
- Objective evaluation of property and area
- Full disclosure which would aid Buyer negotiations
- Research on Seller motivation and financial position
- Can negotiate Seller paid financing fees and other items benefiting Buyer
- An Agent specially certified and educated in issues concerning Buyers
Benefits to me, working as a Buyers agent:
- Buyer loyalty in exchange for agent loyalty
- More qualified buyer
- More marketplace educated buyer
- Less conflicts of interest
- Ability to offer more services and information
- Buyer satisfaction
Certifications and Recognitions
- ABR - Accredited Buyers Representative. Only 2% of realtors nationally have this designation. Requirements are 16 hours of additional education, documented transactions and passing a test.
- CRS - The CRS Designation, awarded by the Council of Residential Specialists is the highest professional designation awarded to REALTORS® in the residential sales field. Less than 3% of all REALTORS® hold the CRS® Designation.
- GRI - Graduate Realtors Institute. 20% of realtors nationwide have this designation. Requirements are 40 hours of additional education and passing three separate tests.
- Principal Broker's License - After 3 years in real estate a sales associate can study and sit for their Brokers License. Requires additional hours of study and passing a state and national exam. Upon successful completion the Broker can supervise other agents. I owned and ran my own Real Estate company for over 10 years.
- NAR - National Association of Realtors. By joining, agents agree to abide by the code of conduct. Not all sales agents are Realtors ®
- OAR - Oregon Association of Realtors.
- PMAR - Portland Metro Association of Realtors.
- WCR - Women's Council of Realtors. The education arm of NAR. : Education Chair 2001. Realtor of the year 2002.
- REBAC - Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council